Monday, August 10, 2015

Bad mom award

Two weekends ago I took the opportunity to join my brother and sister in law in St Louis at a baseball game. Leave it to the good ol' Devil to try to get in the way of all of it. The morning we were to leave Ainsley woke in the middle of the night and vomited. I attributed it to the amount of junk we had consumed the night before while attending cardboard boat races. She settled right back in after that episode. I received an update from the nanny part way through my travels that indicated Ainsley appeared to be feeling much better. My guilt dissipated. Briefly. It wasn't long after that I received another update indicating things had gone south. Ugh. I was 3 hours away enjoying a baseball game and some adult time while my little girl was at home sick. What sort of mother does such a thing? 


No comments:

Post a Comment