Monday, August 10, 2015

Not the mom I want to be

On the heels of enjoying a baseball game and some adult time comes a mega guilt trip from my kids. I arrived home to be assaulted with questions from the kids about, "When are you going to spend some time with us?", "Why don't we get to do fun things with you like that?", etc. If I wasn't already feeling bad about myself for leaving Ainsley at home while she was sick, now I feel like a horrible mother when I hear these words from my boys. As a single mom, I am really having a battle trying to find the balance in life. How do I work full time, manage a home and all it entails, spend quality time with my kids and maybe on occasion find any time for myself? Pretty safe to say I'm feeling crappy about the mom that I currently am to my children. I'm just not the mom I want to be. They deserve more. Thankfully each day is a new canvas on which to record for them. Do overs are abundant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment