There are times when frustrations keep piling up and it seems nothing is going right. Those are the days I'm really forced to be intentional of focusing on the positives of life.
We had a very nice weekend making memories with friends and family. Over the course of the last week I feel like I've really been tested. My furnace went out for the second time this winter. The van door quit working and it sounds like it will be a costly repair. The weather stripping came off another door and the sun visor on the passenger side is trying to fall out. This weekend the youngest two have really been struggling with missing daddy and are particularly tearful at bedtime. Sunday night I realized my sewer is backed up. Again! (For those who don't know this was a real fiasco for us in the fall.) Monday I worked a long shift with some trying cases and was blessed with yet another blossoming cold. Sometimes it feels like it just doesn't end. Complain, complain, complain. Who likes to listen to someone who only sees the negative and never finds the positive? Monday I found myself giving myself this talk.
My Monday positive? Through the process of Danny's disease progressing and his eventual passing there was a gal whom I really connected with. She continued to reach out, was incredibly supportive and we'd made plans to get together when the weather turned nice. The week I went back to work after the funeral, her husband died suddenly and completely unexpected. He was 58 and very healthy. Suddenly, we found ourselves bonding on a new level as we now are both widows and are not yet part of the white hair widow club. This is not to say that it is any less difficult to grieve for a spouse when you're elderly because it's not. We're both just at a completely different stage in life. Well, she happened to pop in while I was still at work. We were able to hug and laugh and cry together for a short while. We were able to share in our faith and compare our God stories in how He's had a plan all along and continues to show us both His presence. After the last few days of frustrations, she was exactly what I needed at that moment. Thanks for having my back God!
.......and still one of these days I'll get through a shift with no tears. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment