Monday, June 29, 2015

Rec Center Pass


Recently, Danny's boss Dan approached me and asked if Dennis had talked to me recently. (Dennis took over Danny's position.) I told him no that he hadn't. Dan asked if I had a minute. Now if you've been following this blog you know each time Dan approaches me like this it leads to tears. Like I typically do, I told him if he was going to make me cry he had to go away. And like usual, it didn't work.

Dan proceeded to tell me that Danny used to teach CPR for the Rec Center. He'd worked out a deal with them that he would teach and cover the expenses and in return they would give us a family membership for the year. I was already aware of this and had planned to budget for the membership fees to continue being able to go there. Until that day. Dan informed me Dennis is planning to continue on in Danny's footsteps. He's going to teach the CPR and the family membership will remain in our names. I was left deeply humbled and in tears. My HCHC family continues to care for us even 5 months after he is gone.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment