Friday, June 5, 2015

A little bit of happy!


I don't often re-read through my posts. It's a great outlet for me to put my emotions down and then move on. So by re-reading them I feel like I'm reliving it if you will. It doesn't always feel like the healthy choice. But this morning I did just that. Now that the weather is nice and ball season is in full swing, I'm having a difficult time getting to my blog as often as I'd like. Admittedly, there are some nights I pick it up and find my eyes are closing and my fingers just hover over the keys. You know how it goes. We've all been there. I noticed my last few posts were during a week span of complete struggle for me. While there was complete truth in all of those posts, I feel like I've painted a picture of doom and gloom. An Eeyore of whoa is me! Not all days are horribly sad. We do have some days of happy and although we battle with guilt of finding happy we know that Danny would want that for us. He would never desire for us to sit around and be sad forever.

Each day we're faced with a choice. We can choose to be stuck in our grief or we can choose to count our blessings and put one foot in front of the other and move forward (even when it feels like the progress is at a snails pace). When the latter choice is consciously made, I am amazed at how clearly God highlights my blessings. No, not all days are easy. Our tough days honestly still outnumber our great days. But the day is coming when it will be the exact opposite and our happy days will be multiplied. In the meantime, we continue to learn and grow. Thank you for joining us and walking beside us in this journey because without the support of our friends and family this struggle would feel unbearable.


No comments:

Post a Comment