Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Thought I was ready

I worked this past weekend so the kids spent the weekend with Aunt Jo. Friday evening after baseball Summer and I flew to Burlington and caught a movie. Some great girl time. I absolutely love our times spent together like this. She is becoming such a beautiful young woman. Saturday I got in a run outside since I had no children here and felt ready to tackle my day. My 12 hours went by relatively quickly. I'd spent all day trying to convince myself it was time to try to tackle sorting through the office. By the time I left that night I was confident I was ready to show it who was boss. Came home, turned on the jam and tried to figure out where in the world to start. Papers everywhere. Danny's locker contents still in boxes. School papers to sort through from the school year. Figure out what information I could need next tax season surrounding Danny's illness and death. Etc., etc. I made good headway. At first. I also made the mistake of reading some of the cards that had been sent and going through some of his medical records. I made the critical error of reading through some of my journal early on. And then I was a sunken mess. Those days of journaling with hope about disease and recovery. We had no idea what was in store for us and our children. I ended up tabling it for the remainder of the night. Honestly, it looks worse now than when I started. Believe it or not though I did make some progress. Hopefully this week I'll make a little more.
Look at all the stacked papers.

More stacks of papers. His locker contents under the desk.

Piles of sorting and remembering life in the last while. Ugh! 

The blue binder. This held any and all medical records I had. 

Maybe a little progress on one bookshelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment