Sunday, May 24, 2015

Tried my best


I've intentionally tried to stay busy today so my mind was always occupied. My parents sent me flowers today to tell me they were thinking of me while I was at work and my sweet neighbor left a card with some great words of encouragement. No matter how hard I've tried to put on the stoic face and run from the emotions today, this is a race I can't win tonight. I should be celebrating an anniversary with my partner in life! Instead, I'm in a bed that feels empty as I sit and reflect over the last 14 years of knowing Danny and being able to call him mine. I find myself wondering how in the world it could ever be possible to find someone who could possibly love me the way he did. It might have not been perfect and we spatted like any other married couple, but in the end he loved me unconditionally and the best that he knew how.



No comments:

Post a Comment