Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Monday's Blessings

For once I had a Monday off. It was so weird! Typically, I work a good share of Mondays. The super cool thing about the day though was the kids all got super spoiled and so did I! There's this family, the McConnell family, that has been fantastically amazing. Marc and I have known each other for about 15 years now. We've been running buddies off and on. Melisa is a co-worker of mine and great margarita buddy when you needs a girls night. Their daughter, Kelsey, nannied for us last summer and will be coming back this summer. Nathan, the youngest son, loves to come and play with the kiddos when his schedule allows. Marc has been religious about dedicating a couple hours of his time each week to come be with the kids. I'm not sure who has more fun - him or the kids. But I do know that my kids crave the male role model he is for them! They can't get enough of Mr. Marc.

So Monday was a huge day for the kids. Melisa and Marc both came to get them. They went for lunch and then to Cedar Rapids to the Sky Zone which is a huge trampoline play place. They went for dinner then got to see Marc's mom and came home to get DQ before having a movie fest. Nathan and his girlfriend Kelsey stopped by to play too.

I took the opportunity to go see the trainer and get the yard mowed. I got the bills paid too. You know...all the fun stuff that grown ups get to do. (not nearly as much fun as playing on trampolines) The sweet spot of my day though? A spontaneous pedicure and dinner our with Summer and Kori. So much fun getting caught up with them both! Hopefully we've started something regular.

I ended my night snuggling with little Avery who was exhausted. When that little boy is tired he especially misses his daddy. Breaks my heart every time. I was thankful I had the opportunity to just love on him last night though.

No comments:

Post a Comment