The weather is obviously getting much nicer out. May always seems to fly by with graduations, weddings, various parties and endless ball games....not to mention school wrap up. I'm finding I'm having a hard time keeping up with the blog these days. I keep making mental notes of things to share because God still has us in our ups and downs. Of course, when I finally sit down to write my mind goes blank. Ha! Figures.
So I'll update on the latest goings on. Avery will graduate from preschool this week already. He told me he's sad about it because he really enjoys school and seeing his friends. He said it felt like just yesterday that he started school. Ainsley is getting more and more excited to be able to go to school next year when she turns "freeee!"(3). Aidan is going to be done with school next week and officially on to second grade. How is that possible?! We talked a little bit about the possibility of eventually needing to put he and Avery in to public school. He wasn't so sure he liked that idea the other day and preferred to keep homeschooling. So we'll give it a go for another year and then re-evaluate things.
We've recently welcomed this beauty to our lives. It was a dream Danny and I always had. We had hoped to have our very own camper and to be able to take our kids lots of places to make memories. I'm sad he isn't here to enjoy it with us, but I'm excited for the kids and I to set out on new adventures of our own. I'm also incredibly nervous to be hauling that beast being a single mom with 4 kiddos. It goes without saying that we're going to make some incredible memories this summer.
Friday night we had a slumber party. Aunt Kara and the boys came down to stay. So much fun!!! It was great for all of us and we can't wait to do it again. The thing I most loved is by having her here it forced me to slow down and just be mom and enjoy my kids. Filled my mom tank right back up. It was fabulous!
Yesterday the kids and I had an amazing day just the 4 of us. We were relaxed and peaceful. We got lots accomplished and they were incredibly well behaved. It was the perfect end to a perfect weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment