Sunday, May 24, 2015

An empty house.

I'm the lucky nurse who gets to work this weekend. (insert sarcastic smile) The kids are camping with Aunt Jo and Chase is out at the farm. The house is super quiet.

Friday I took the kids to the campground to Aunt Jo and got to spend the day there. We went out on boats which was the first time I'd been boating in a long time. I love spending time with Danny's family! It's always nice to catch up and I can't help but to find a sense of peace and actually relax for a while. It's the first time in a very long while that I've been away from the kids for this amount of time. I had a hard time leaving that day. Thankfully Jo was super supportive and understanding. I know they'll have an absolute blast while they're there. They always love their time with Aunt Jo and Uncle John.

Having an empty house means that I don't sleep. It's creepy quiet. So Friday night I started to purge through things. I got through my room minus Danny's closet and dresser because I'm still not ready to face that down yet. Last night after work, I went for a run and then tackled another closet. I've seen the wee hours of the morning roll around both nights. Funny how even just 5 hours of straight sleep makes a mommy operational as opposed to 6 or 7 hours that is interrupted a number of times by kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment