My blessings continue to abound today. My sweet Aidan woke me up at 6:30 to give me his gift that he'd had hidden. He too made me a card by himself and had picked out several pairs of earrings. These kids melted my heart today. I was blessed to correspond with both my sister-in-laws today as well as my very dear friends. My nieces all sent sweet messages with well wishes. Summer floored me again with some very moving correspondence. I received that message in church and thanked her for the tears. A card from my parents today with some words of real encouragement gave me goosebumps. Nearly everyone we ran in to today sang out Happy Mother's Day. So much so that as the kids and I got groceries they would wave and sing to nearly every woman they saw "Happy Mother's Day!".
The message at church today was amazing! It was obviously centered around moms. It was SO good to hear though. At the end of the service, the pastor had all the moms stand. He prayed a prayer of annointing over those moms. He prayed for healing of broken hearts for the moms who are broken and tired. He prayed blessings for the moms who are doing great things despite tough circumstances. My tears readily flowed by the time he was done. Those words touched my soul today and were exactly what I'd needed to hear.
Coming in to this holiday I hadn't spent much time thinking about how it was yet another first for me -- my first Mother's Day without Danny. Honestly, it was much harder than I'd anticipated. The crazy thing is...God knew it would be and He'd already put folks in place to make sure I felt loved. Just look at the incredible thoughtfulness and words of encouragement I've received over the last few days. I can't deny His hand in this.
The kids and I spent the day taking it easy. We went to Burlington this afternoon with Mamaw to see a movie and have dinner. Little Avery sat on my lap at the movie and just snuggled. More than once he uttered, "I love you mom." My sweet, sweet babies. I'm so lucky that God chose me to be their mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment