Friday, March 27, 2015
2 months ago.
Today marks 8 weeks ago that Danny passed. It feels like yesterday and forever ago at the same time.
Yesterday Ainsley woke up crying for her Daddy. That's the first that's happened. That little peanut sure has been thinking a lot about her daddy recently. The boys were slow in getting up and I spent time cuddling with each of them. It was a moment I'll cherish and am glad I took advantage of.
Parent teacher conferences told me that Avery has gotten very quiet in class since Danny has died. There are two boys in Avery's class that have done incredibly well at helping him to adjust though. Mrs. Scudder said that they always make sure to include him and don't allow him to be alone. Isn't it crazy how kids just sort of know what their buddies need?
Before bed last night, the boys were sleeping together in their big bed. They were laughing and giggling like crazy talking about boy things that usually their mom corrects them for. Makes my heart swell just to hear those good old belly laughs.
Today I was at work and initially figured it would be a good distraction. I was reminded over and over though in various ways today that he was gone. We had the police with us off and on throughout the day - it was one of those days in the ED. I got a nice hug from one of the officers who expressed their sympathy and went on to talk about his good memories of Danny and some of the calls they'd been through together. I had the privilege to take care of another widow today who is really struggling to adjust after losing her spouse. My co-workers were amazingly supportive today. We laughed and joked and they consoled when I obviously needed it. I received an email from the CEO today checking in to see how I was doing. In how many organizations would the CEO reach out and do something like that?
As it go closer to 6:36 pm, my emotions swelled and I became very aware of the time and what I was doing exactly 8 weeks ago at that moment in time. I connected with Jo and that was helpful to just get through it. Like she said 636, no matter the scenario will always be ingrained in my mind. It's sort of like when you see some combination of 911 you tend to think of New York and all those that senselessly lost their lives.
Today I am especially thankful that I have children to go home to. They always have open arms for me as I walk in the door which forces me to keep moving forward. There's no opportunity to be stuck in sorrow. I'm thankful that they're young enough they're not aware of the significance of today.
So thankful he's no longer suffering but so sorry he was called home so soon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment