The only thing on the agenda today was to medicate all of us and take life easy for a while. We had lunch with my parents and brother's family but even that was quite low key as the majority of us either currently have the yuck or have just recently had it. One thing I've thought about repeatedly today is the amount of pressure in my head from a simple cold. What then must it have been like for Danny to live with this sort of discomfort daily for many years? - even before he was diagnosed he'd had headaches behind his left eye for about 5 years. What must it have been like to have that pressure increase as the tumor began to grow? To not be scared about what was taking place and have fear of what laid ahead? How was it that he managed to continue to be ornery and smile and make us laugh when he felt so terrible? I have so much more respect for him tonight. I sure wish I had the opportunity to give him a big hug and tell him so. I sure do miss that man!
![]() |
| All snuggled up in mom's bed. |


No comments:
Post a Comment