Sunday, March 15, 2015

Passed his test!

I got the opportunity to spend the afternoon and evening with my Guardian Angels - Beth and Crystee. We had a wonderful time introducing Crystee to the fun of Hu Hot and the sinfulness of Cold Stone. How has she not ever been to these places before?!?! We laughed and cried and encouraged each other. I don't know how much encouraging I did but these two did an awesome job of being my cheerleaders tonight. 

Well on the way home, Eversmeyer decided to throw out a test and see if I had any paramedic skills left. There was a new Cadillac that smoked a deer. Still smoking. Still sitting on the highway. We pulled over and you do what comes naturally. We hopped out and headed back to check everyone out. God had us covered as a state trooper was minutes behind us. On Star was even on it trying to talk to the victims. Good thing we had all that ice cream too. We pushed the car up the hill off the highway to the shoulder. Made me feel like Popeye! Natural reaction was to go searching for a clipboard to sign patient releases. Ha! As we walked away the nurse in me was talking about how sore they'd feel the next couple of days and that Motrin would be their friend. I'm sure they thought I was nuts! I'd say I passed the test with flying colors though. I must say....holy airbags though. It was like the entire car was inflated with those things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment