Thursday, May 7, 2015

First "project" complete.

Tonight while the kids were at Awanas I bit the bullet and attempted to sort through my first project. I had 90 minutes to tackle going through the entryway and sorting through what few things of Danny's were out there. Still....it took me the entire 90 minutes. Spent lots of time reflecting on each little thing it felt like. Coats, shoes, gloves, hats, etc. Left me thinking, if it's this hard with these things what's it going to be like with the bigger things? I'll cross that bridge when I get there.... 

In case you're wondering this experience was anything but pleasant. I threw away only gloves that were no longer doing their job. All of his coats and shoes I trekked up to our room. My bedroom may be more cluttered now and I still have to face it at some point but the entryway sure looks clean. HA! 









Things like this! I know this hat is horribly discolored and super sweat stained. But for me...I remember the game he and I were at when he bought it. I remember the fun we had. It was his absolute favorite hat and he wore it all the time as you can tell. I couldn't part with it despite the grungy-ness. I'm going to start a tote of these sorts of things because it's a story. And someday I'll have the opportunity to sit down with all 4 kids and tell them these stories about their daddy.





2 comments: