Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I miss Daddy!

Last night was a tough night in the Eversmeyer house. We all have ups and downs in missing daddy. Some days it's nearly unbearable. When the kids are exhausted we reach those levels much more rapidly. Last night, the children were spontaneously crying, for what I perceived to be random. As I hugged Avery and inquired as to what was bother him he released crocodile tears and exclaimed, "I miss daaaaaaaddy!" All this mom can do is acknowledge how sad he is and love on him which is exactly what I did. Right behind that as he's fighting those big gasps for air he states, "I want a new daddy!" What am I to say to that? At their age all I can/do say to them is "it will be a while until God brings us the right one.". Some days they accept that answer easier than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment