Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pirate show

Aunt Jo recently purchased tickets for all of us to take in a theatre performance called, "How to be a Pirate". It was a super cute performance for kids. As the cast sang their last song, Aidan climbed up on my lap and snuggled in. I could tell something was bothering him but stayed quiet. Then he asked, "Mom? When are we going to get a stepdad?" I sure wasn't expecting that from him. I asked him what made him think of that at that specific time. He sadly replied that he'd noticed the other dads with their kids and all the pirates were guys too. It made him think of his dad and he realized how much he missed him. (gut punch) My poor kiddos sure are missing their daddy. Good thing we like to snuggle because he sure leaves big shoes for this mom to fill in his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment