I realize this sounds like a big ol' pity party. It's not meant to be. I write all this to say that in a short time span as of late, my driveway has been repoured. I now have a functioning air conditioner and furnace. Last week, because of the rain a contractor was able to come look at and finish his part of the floor project. What a blessing! It's ready for the flooring man when our supplies arrive.
This past Thursday, I was able to be home while our sitter was here. I finally decided to try to tackle the office again. My first attempt failed miserably as I just wasn't ready to face all the medical journals, funeral papers, legal work and everything else that was an in your face reminder of Danny's battle and death. It took me a full 8 hours. I was emotionally exhausted when I was done, but I got it accomplished. As my sister in law pointed out to me, no one is asking me to say goodbye to him forever. It's more an act of figuring out what is most important to me to store away so as to say so long for now. The success felt enormous to me!
![]() |
| A few things on the shelves to still take care of but it's progress. |


No comments:
Post a Comment