Thursday, February 19, 2015

A good day!

Yesterday was......a good day!

I'm having mediocre results with the sleep improvement techniques I received from my therapist this week. Perhaps it has something to do with a not completely compliant patient. Healthcare workers are the worst! If the kiddos were able to sleep through the night without feeling rotten or having a bad dream or just needing reassurance that I'm still here it would be uber helpful as well.

Nonetheless, I was able to get on the treadmill briefly (and work out the lactic acid from the trainer the previous day). I also finished a book I've been trying to read for some time now while I was on there. We got school started at a decent hour and even managed to get the house semi picked up. Winning!

I had the opportunity to have lunch with a sweet co-worker after making a trip to my lawyer to get my "pay up sucker" letter for the bank. Despite having a death certificate and a will naming me executor I was unable to close activity on Danny's checking account. Holy frustration! That was after I'd tried to deposit the memorial money in to a holding account until I decide how to best invest it for the 4 kids. Two can play at this game and shortly I'll pay another visit to said bank with my nice note.

My co-worker treated me like a 'normal' friend, not one that's just been through H-E-double hockey sticks and is now trying to figure out how to land on her feet again. We had really nice conversation about all our kiddos, current projects and she caught me up on work and all the changes happening there.

Spreadsheet. I wasn't kidding. Ha! 
At the beginning of the week, I made out a spreadsheet (no lie) to distribute my projects throughout the week so I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed in my first week flying solo. I seem to be trying to squeak 36 hours out of a 24 hour day - I am making progress though. It feels so good to be able to cross things off. It's even better when I get to go to bed having had the chance to PLAY with my kids and laugh along with them.

Last night, my sweet guardian angels presented me with a precious ring. It's so simply stated and yet it means so much. Faith. It's what's sustained me through the last 3+ years. And what continues to sustain me now. Life Friends. For without these guardian angels, this road would have been nearly unbearable. Any time day or night, they were always just a few steps away, for whatever our family needed. And they continue to be just that for us.

Tonight, before bed, my heart is finding contentment and joy in where I'm at for the moment. I'm thankful for our accomplishments at home today. I'm thankful for those sweet kids that continue to keep me grounded and make me laugh. And I'm thankful that God continues to orchestrate my path and chose to put my guardian angels in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment