Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Reality Check #2.

The first reality check for me happened shortly after Danny's funeral. I needed milk, eggs and bread. I started to tell the kids we needed to find someone to sit with Daddy so we could go and then realized I didn't have to do that anymore. Felt like a sucker punch to the gut.

Today was reality check #2. My mom has been here homeschooling Aidan for me this week so that I can work on getting things back in order. Aidan has been asking for me to do his school or at least part of it all week so today I told him I would help him with reading. Simple enough right? Man was I wrong! His story today was about a dad and his son. He was taking his son camping and fishing and teaching him how to clean the fish he caught. Aidan was crying by the time he finished as he realized he "didn't have a daddy anymore to do 'man' stuff with". Absolutely broke my heart. We talked about how Daddy would watch over him from heaven as he still got to do "man stuff". We also talked about all the other men in his life that would be there to do Boy Scouts and go camping and fishing. (So fellas - you've been warned......PaPaw, Uncle Andrew, Uncle John, Jay, Alex, Ray and Lonn)


No comments:

Post a Comment