Yesterday, the five of us were blessed to see our grief therapists. I think we all walked away feeling a little better knowing we were on the right track despite this being a very long road ahead.
 |
| In therapy, Aidan drew a picture of everyone going swimming. Daddy has swimming trunks and a shirt on. |
 |
| In therapy, Avery drew a picture of his family. Daddy is in Heaven on the bottom right. Heaven is very "long". |
 |
| Last night at the time of Daddy's death we all went outside with Aunt Jo to attempt to send a lantern to Daddy. As you can see, Eversmeyer was getting a pretty big kick out of us by sending the wind along at just the right times to never allow the lantern to take flight. We all had a pretty good laugh. We love and miss you Daddy! |
=======================================================================
After spending Wednesday taking it easy and trying to let the shock of the last week sink in, I finally started to get my feet back under me yesterday with Jo and Beth's help. The house was such a mess I was overwhelmed and didn't know where to start. We slowly started to get things organized. We have been so incredibly blessed by an outpouring of love from our friends and family! Our freezers will keep our bellies filled. Our house smells wonderful from all our flowers. Our utilities will remain on after an anonymous donation to the utility company on our behalf (God's got us doesn't He?!). Our hearts have been touched by the many cards and kind words of encouragement to all of us.
 |
| Just a few of the plants and flowers I have here. |
I'll have to admit I'm really not interested in getting out in public yet. It's not that I don't want to see anyone but at the same time I don't really want to see anyone I know and have to talk about Danny. Maybe that's ok, maybe it's not. The time will come soon enough. Right now, I'm thankful for Jo and Beth (and Katie) who are willing to run to the grocery to pick up the staples like milk, bread and eggs when we need them.
No comments:
Post a Comment