 |
The morning's work.
|
Today I woke up feeling rather focused for a change. Perhaps it had to do with finally getting 8 hours of sleep (according to my fitbit anyway). I headed down and got started on knocking out more thank you notes and managed to get a fair amount accomplished for today.
 |
| First try at burlap wreath making. |
The afternoon consisted of going with my angel Beth to Airport Road Vineyard (
www.airportroadvineyard.com) for a fun Valentine wreath making session followed by some pampering and dinner out. Beth and Crystee's family's have been an absolute blessing through Danny's sickness. Truly, if it weren't for them this road would have been so much harder. They've been there to help wherever and whenever needed no matter the time of day. Crystee was out with our enemy Influenza so we'll have to repeat this afternoon another time. I'd purchased tickets for this event weeks ago thinking by then Danny would be sicker and I would be home full time and needing a break. I would have never thought this would be my first venture out in to public since Danny's death. I was very thankful to have Beth with me to buffer any unwanted conversations.
 |
Trying out their crystal markers.
|
Miss Kelsey came to see the kids and brought Miss "Lissa" (Melisa) and Nathan along to play. The kids had received a super thoughtful craft bag from one of Avery's classmates earlier in the day and they'd had lots of fun trying everything out. The kids made a very cute Valentine project, had a super wrestling match and enjoyed pizza with everyone. Before bed, Ainsley kept talking about "my buddy Nathan". They sure had fun.
 |
The kids Valentine project.
|
 |
Super concentration powers using scissors.
|
We ended our night with a sleep over at Mamaw and Papaw's house. I wasn't quite ready to try the house on my own yet. We hadn't stayed at the new house yet so it was a new adventure. While it ended up being a late night for everyone, it sure was nice to hear some real belly laughs from the kids when I got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment