Thursday, February 26, 2015

Perspective

The last time I wrote the kids had had a really rough evening. That of course, led to a pretty rough night of sleeping and lots of dreams. I ended up with a bed full of arms and legs by morning! I woke up in the morning with my heart feeling much different where my kiddos are concerned.  God has given me more love (if that's possible), more patience (hallelujah!), more understanding and more peace where they're involved. So today as we had chores to tackle, school to accomplish and preschool to attend it was without the hustle and bustle that typically accompanies our days. Instead it was replaced with lots of hugs and kisses and words of encouragement. Bestill my heart!

We received a unexpected visit from Dan Dingus today. He's been checking in on Danny and the family since Danny was in the hospital post surgery. It was so nice to see him and receive such words of encouragement. It's good to be reminded just how many people are praying us through this.

We finished our night off surrounded by our sweet neighbors for dinner. The kids and I love having them around and are grateful for the distraction they provide us. I think we've started a ritual of playing spoons - the kids love it! Crystee and Beth also helped me try to tackle all the pictures and albums that were still out from the funeral. It was an overwhelming job on my own.
Disregard the pillow on the right. This is all pictures, albums,
and keepsakes that I need to go through individually at some point.
When the pile looks like this, how do you even know where to start?!

Tonight we go to bed with a completely different perspective. We've had so many encouraging words spoken over us by friends and family today. We know we're loved and supported through this journey. Ultimately, God has our destiny planned. It's a matter of waiting to see it unfold and having faith through it all. I have no doubts that we'll rest well tonight.

Sweet dreams!


PS - I have to brag just a little. Ainsley woke up dry this morning. She's rocking this potty training business! Aidan scored 100% on his phonics test. That's a huge accomplishment for him! So so proud. Avery had an awesome day at school today. His teacher was bragging him up!

1 comment: