Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Recovery Sunday



Avery held the flag
for the pledge of
allegiance.
I'm getting too old to run with the youngins'! I was sleeping by 2:00 am after the concert and awake by 7:00 to be with the Littles. It wasn't that I couldn't function but I had zilch energy. That's what I get I guess. Jo stayed with the kids while Summer and I were gone. It was so nice to sit and just visit with her for the morning! We got to talk about so many different things. Truly for me though, when she's here, I feel like I can take a little deeper breath and for a little while everything is a little easier/normal/as it should be/comfortable.

Avery had a winter program at 3:00 today. It was cute. They sang lots of songs and demonstrated what they're learning in school. Little mister was tired though. He just yawned and yawned through his program. Ha!

This evening we got to spend with Mike Dotson and his sweet wife and son, Sherrie and Daniel. Mike was one of Danny's childhood and life long friends. He religiously came to see Danny every Sunday after church. Life hasn't been the same without a visit from Mike on Sundays. It felt so good having his family all here again. Such a nice time chatting and reminiscing and sharing Danny stories. I'm looking forward to the next time we catch up again.

Tonight before bed, I'm so incredibly conflicted. On one hand, I'm missing Danny teribbly. I'm so thankful for all the sweet memories I've gotten to revisit of him in the last couple of days. Sure the disease process changed him and who he was but he was still a good man and we were so lucky to call him ours. On the other hand, I go back to work tomorrow and my anxiety is growing. I'm not ready but I realize sooner or later I have to face it. Here's to trying to sleep tonight....



No comments:

Post a Comment